Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Watercolor Painting - Portrait of Girl Update

Well this was going along nicely until I decided to darken the top background a little to add a little more depth. Should be fairly straightforward but for some reason when I added a darker wash of my background colors, ugly black dots appeared! Trying to darken it to cover them up made things go from bad to worse and this is the updated of me trying to remove the dark, yucky color that emerged hmmm.

Sooo, I think I will leave this for a bit until I decide what to do about this calamity :) I think I may use some gouache or gesso or possibly even acrylic to cover the black ugly dots on the background but will have to do some experimenting.

Labels: , ,