Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Watercolor Painting - Peeling Paint Update #3

I have added the grout around the bricks now & I think it turned out really well! I have also added more detail to the house and a couple more layers of blue to the sky.

Labels: , ,

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Watercolor Painting - Peeling Paint Update #2

I finally got an update online now I have been having blogger problems & my images would not load. I think it is the computer gods trying to get me off my computer and back to painting, it is working! I roughed in the bricks and used several layers for the sky but may still add a layer or two once the rest of the colors are brought up to completion. The windows have been blocked in but still need more layers of blacks to give more depth and then need to fill in the window pane to set it back into the house. I am really happy with the way the peeling paint turned out so far :)
Watercolor Painting - Quebec Window Peeling Paint

Labels: , , ,

Friday, November 28, 2008

Room for Two Watercolor Painting of Montreal Building

This is the finished painting of the photo I took in Montreal (or Quebec City...I took so many!) The color is a bit off in the photo so I will have to wait for some sun and try to take the photo again. I also used a bit of gouache and texture medium in this one just to try out some new tricks.

I was expecting more of the texture medium, perhaps I do not know how to use it properly, maybe it works better with different pigments or in larger quantities but it seemed like it did not add much more than a good granulating pigment would offer so why not just use a granulating pigment...will have to explore more :)

Labels:

Monday, November 24, 2008

Watercolor Column - Completed

Well I think this column is completed but I will have to live with it a bit to be sure. I have to clean up a few of the edges a bit but will wait until I am 100% sure I am done, or at least 99% sure.
It took me much longer than I expected but I am quite happy with the texture created by going it slow and building up the layers lightly to reach the darks.
I am quite happy with the sky color and how smoothly it turned out as I don't usually do large washes so was not sure if it was going to be a fiasco or not! I am still working on a title for this one as well...I will have to mull it over for a bit.

Labels: ,